Difference between revisions of "Main Page"
(→Recent Presentations and Events)
(→Recent Presentations and Events)
|Line 12:||Line 12:|
* Digital Curation and Digital Forensics at UNC SILS – Recent Activities. Open Preservation Foundation Annual Meeting 2016. The Hague, Netherlands. June 1, 2016. ([//kamwoods.net/presentations/201601016-opf-bcactivities])
* Digital Curation and Digital Forensics at UNC SILS – Recent Activities. Open Preservation Foundation Annual Meeting 2016. The Hague, Netherlands. June 1, 2016. ([//kamwoods.net/presentations/201601016-opf-bcactivities ])
Revision as of 17:34, 8 October 2016
Welcome to Kam Woods' site.
I am a Research Scientist at the School of Information and Library Science at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. My research interests include long-term digital preservation, private and sensitive data analysis and redaction, and the application of digital forensics tools and techniques to archival and preservation data management. (Read full bio)
Download my Curriculum Vitae (CV). (Last updated: October 10, 2016)
A comprehensive list of past presentations (including media and links) can be found on my Presentations page. Recent events and presentations are shown below.
- Digital Curation and Digital Forensics at UNC SILS – Recent Activities. Open Preservation Foundation Annual Meeting 2016. The Hague, Netherlands. June 1, 2016. (Slides)
- Bitstream Confidential - Considerations and Approaches to Curating Potentially Sensitive Personal Data in Collections. Kam Woods (with Christopher A. Lee). Personal Digital Archiving 2015. Los Angeles, CA. April 24, 2015. (Slides)
- BitCurator Access lightning talk. Kam Woods. CurateGEAR Symposium. Chapel Hill, NC. January 7, 2015. (Slides)
- BitCurator - What's New in the Past Year. Kam Woods. CurateGEAR Symposium. Chapel Hill, NC. January 8, 2014.
- Digital Forensics for Archivists - Minneapolis, MN, June 12-13, 2014 (with Cal Lee)
- BitCurator Professional Experts Panel (PEP) Meeting, College Park, MD, May 30-31, 2014
Visit my complete Publications page. A selection of recent conference, journal, and other publications can be found below.
The documents distributed here are self-archived as a means to ensure timely dissemination of scholarly and technical work on a noncommercial basis. Copyright and all rights therein are maintained by the publishers and/or the authors, notwithstanding that they have offered their works here electronically. Versions provided here may be draft preprints of published papers; the published versions should be considered definitive. See also my Google Scholar profile, DBLP, CiteSeer, ACM.
- Conference and Journal Papers
- Kam Woods and Christopher A. Lee. 2015. Redacting Private and Sensitive Information in Born-Digital Collections. In Proceedings of the Archiving 2015. Society for Imaging Science and Technology.
- Woods, Kam, Christopher Lee, and Sunitha Misra. Automated Analysis and Visualization of Disk Images and File Systems for Preservation. In Proceedings of Archiving 2013 (Springfield, VA: Society for Imaging Science and Technology, 2013), 239-244.
- Lee, Christopher A. and Kam Woods. 2012. Automated Redaction of Private and Personal Data in Collections: Toward Responsible Stewardship of Digital Heritage. The Memory of the World in the Digital age: Digitization and Preservation, 2012. Vancouver, BC
- Kam Woods and Christopher A. Lee. 2012. Acquisition and Processing of Disk Images to Further Archival Goals, In Proceedings of Archiving 2012. Springfield, VA: Society for Imaging Science and Technology. 147-152.
- Woods, Kam, Christopher A. Lee and Simson Garfinkel Extending digital repository architectures to support disk image preservation and access, Proceedings of the 11th Annual International ACM/IEEE Joint Conference on Digital libraries, 2011.
- Woods, K., Lee, Christopher, Garfinkel, S., Dittrich, D., Russell, A., Kearton, K. (2011) Creating Realistic Corpora for Forensic and Security Education, ADFSL Conference on Digital Forensics, Security, and Law (ADFSL 2011), Richmond, VA, May 25-27, 2011.
- White Papers and Technical Publications
- Lee, Christopher A., Porter Olsen, Alexandra Chassanoff, Kam Woods, Matthew Kirschenbaum, and Sunitha Misra. From Code to Community: Building and Sustaining BitCurator through Community Engagement. September 30, 2014.
- Misra, Sunitha, Christopher A. Lee, and Kam Woods. A Web Service for File-Level Access to Disk Images. Code4Lib Journal 25 (2014).
- Lee, Christopher A., Kam Woods, Matthew Kirschenbaum, and Alexandra Chassanoff From Bitstreams to Heritage: Putting Digital Forensics into Practice in Collecting Institutions. 2013.
- Lee, Christopher A. and Kam Woods Digital Acquisition Learning Laboratory: A White Paper November 2011.
Interviews, Live Events, and 'Cast Presentations
Courses taught as adjunct and/or co-instructor at UNC SILS.
You can also see a complete list of courses I have taught.
Find Me Online
- Follow this link for my email address.
- See my official UNC School of Information and Library Science bio
- Follow me on Twitter to send me direct messages.
- Local? You can find me in the Manning Hall, in office pod 213 (inside the iBiblio space).