Jump to navigation Jump to search
Events that I've participated in or given presentations at. If slides are available, I usually post them; if you don't see what you're looking for, please send me an email!
- CARASCAP Project Overview. UNC SILS Public Access Colloquium. Nov 30, 2021. Slides
- General Review of Project Updates. RATOM August Update. August 6, 2020. Slides
- Demo and Software Development Updates. RATOM Advisory Board Meeting Update. July 23, 2020. Slides
- New Tools and Techniques to Analyze and Manage Email in Archives. RATOM OPFCON Lightning Talk. June 9, 2020. Slides
- RATOM (Review, Appraisal, and Triage of Mail) Project Overview. CNI 2020 Virtual Meeting presentation. April 2, 2020. Slides YouTube
- Review, Appraisal, and Triage of Mail Project. COPPUL (Council of Prairie and Pacific University Libraries) Webinar. March 31, 2020. Slides
- Tackling Archival Email with Natural Language Processing and Machine Learning. NDSA Digital Preservation, 2019. Slides
- Review, Appraisal, and Triage of Mail (RATOM). November 13, 2019. Overview and recording link
- NLP and Machine Learning for Born-Digital Materials Part 2 (Collections Containing Email). Learn@DLF 2019. October 23, 2019. Slides
- BitCurator NLP: Mining Collections for NEs, Relationships, and Topics to Enrich Access. BitCurator User Forum 2018. September 14, 2018. (Slides on request)
- BitCurator NLP - Mining Collections for NEs, Relationships, and Topics to Enrich Access. nlp4arc. February 23, 2017. (Slides).
- Introduction to BitCurator Access Webtools. OPF Webinar Series. January 23, 2017. (Presentation recording (OPF members))
- Digital Curation and Digital Forensics at UNC SILS – Recent Activities. Open Preservation Foundation Annual Meeting 2016. The Hague, Netherlands. June 1, 2016. (Slides)
- BCA-Webtools: Accessing and Visualizing Disk Images in a Web Browser. CurateGear 2016. Chapel Hill, North Carolina. January 14, 2016. (Slides).
- Functional Access to Forensic Disk Images in a Web Service. Kam Woods. iPRES 2015. Chapel Hill, North Carolina. November 3, 2015. (Slides)
- Bitstream Confidential - Considerations and Approaches to Curating Potentially Sensitive Personal Data in Collections. Kam Woods (with Christopher A. Lee). Personal Digital Archiving 2015. Los Angeles, CA. April 24, 2015. (Slides)
- BitCurator Access lightning talk. Kam Woods. CurateGEAR Symposium. Chapel Hill, NC. January 7, 2015. (Slides)
- BitCurator - What's New in the Past Year. Kam Woods. CurateGEAR Symposium. Chapel Hill, NC. January 8, 2014.
- Digital Forensics for Archivists - Minneapolis, MN, June 12-13, 2014 (with Cal Lee)
- BitCurator Professional Experts Panel (PEP) Meeting, College Park, MD, May 30-31, 2014
- A.R.T / LLF Conference on Born-Digital Records, NYC, New York. "BitCurator: Digital Forensics Tools and Techniques" (Slides)
- Open Planets Foundation Hackathon, Copenhagen, Denmark. "A Practical Approach to Disk Images and Digital Forensics"
- Personal Digital Archiving 2013, University of Maryland
- DigCCurr Professional Institute, Chapel Hill, NC (Slides)
- Personal Digital Archiving 2012, San Francisco, California
- CurateGear: Enabling the Curation of Digital Collections], Chapel Hill, NC, January 6, 2012 (Slides)
- BitCurator Project, Professional Expert Panel Meeting, College Park, MD, December 9-10, 2011
- Practical Tools for Digital Preservation: A Hackathon, York, UK, September 27-29, 2011
- CurateCamp, San Jose, CA, August 15-16, 2011
- Digital Forensics Research Workshop (DFRWS), New Orleans, LA, August 1-3, 2011
- Digital Forensics for Preservation, Oxford, UK, June 28, 2011
- At the Nexus of Analog and Digital: A Symposium for Preservation Educators, Ann Arbor, MI, June 5-7, 2011
- Personal Digital Archiving, San Francisco, CA, February 24-25, 2011